Tammi Dawson, Librarian
Want to know if a book you have at home is an Accelerated Reader (AR) book?
Check out AR BookFinder
, and find out!
Eisenhower Elementary students participate in the AR Program. Students can read AR books and take a computerized test to measure their reading comprehension. Depending on the number of questions answered correctly, along with the difficulty of the book, a student is given points for each test taken.
This program has a special feature called Home Connect
. Home Connect is a fun, easy-to-use, easy-to-understand, web-based interface that allows the child, parent, and teacher to share in the educational experience by viewing progress while outside of school. In Home Connect, you can also sign up to receive emails showing your child's quiz results and get answers to your questions about Home Connect.
Students take AR Quizzes and earn bucks to spend in the AR Store every six weeks. Prizes include bookmarks, pencils, water bottles, lunch with staff, and an AR T-shirt. In addition, students have the opportunity to earn points and attend our AR Celebration every 12 weeks.
- Kindergarten—10 points
- First grade—15 points
- Second and third grades—20 points
- Intermediate—25 points
- Advance Program classes—30 points
- To be an integral part of Eisenhower Elementary School and its surrounding community
- To provide collaboration with staff to create authentic learning for all students
- To provide quality resources and instruction to students and staff
- To encourage staff and students in becoming effective users of ideas and information
- To promote lifelong reading and learning both for pleasure and for information