general information
counselor's corner
family resource center
school handbook
school profile

About Wilkerson

Counselor's Corner

Tina Gettings, Counselor


Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):

Can you provide contact information for resources so I can access services for my child?

Click here.

What support services are available at Wilkerson?
  • Family Resource Center (FRC)
  • Extended School Services (ESS)
  • Mentoring
  • Clothes Closet
  • Exceptional Child Education (ECE) Services
  • Staff Support Team (SST)
  • Reading Recovery
  • Seven Counties—School-Based
  • Counseling Provided by Family and Children Agency Through Our FRC
  • Study Skills Classes
  • Rigby Reading Program
What specific services are available through my child's counselor?
  • Peer Mediation
  • Classroom Guidance
  • Individual Counseling
  • Group Counseling
  • Test Result Interpretation
  • Character Education
  • Transition Services
  • Conflict Resolution
  • Referrals to Outside Agencies
  • Drug Prevention Program
  • Advance Program Testing
  • Parent Night
  • Anger Management Counseling
  • Academic Counseling
  • Testing Information
  • Counselor Newsletter
  • Parent/Student/Teacher Liaison
What is the best way to talk with my child's counselor?

A parent should set up an appointment to see his or her child's counselor by phone, e-mail, fax, or letter.

Phone: 485-8351
Fax: 485-8454

What is the best way for my child to talk with his or her counselor?

The best way is for a student to make an appointment with clerical staff and the counselor through the Counseling Office. If it is an emergency, the student should contact a teacher or general office staff member immediately and let him or her know of the student's need to see the counselor.

What else can I learn about the services and programs offered by JCPS?

Click here to access the JCPS Parents page, which has information on a variety of JCPS programs and departments.

Is there a general K-12 Web site for me to access counselor-related information?

Click here for the JCPS Counselor Web pages.